11 March 2012

Paris Fashion Week: My Favourite Shoes of the Runway

It's sometimes easy to forget that fashion shows are not only about music, themes, atmosphere and garments (as thrilling as those combined elements can be). They're also about the shoes - the final destination of our scrutinizing gaze as each look goes by. The works of art that adorn the feet of these models often grasp my attention much more than any other element of a show and this was particularly true of Paris Fashion Week. As each show went by I started compiling detail shots of the shoes I coveted and I am now sharing them with you. There was a lot of attention to detail with the stitching and adornments on these shoes, and I love the metallics! I must say though that the Hussein Chalayan brogues are my absolute favourite because flats win over heels every time for me. We also need to discuss the creation of a word that means cool x 1000 so those brogues can be accurately represented. However, they are all superb creations. Enjoy!


Alexander McQueen


Arzu Kaprol


Balmain


Balenciaga


Barbara Bui


Chanel


Chloé


Elie Saab


Giambattista Valli


Hussein Chalayan


Lanvin


Louis Vuitton
Nina Ricci


Paco Rabanne


Pedro Lourenço


Roland Mouret


Sharon Wauchob


Yohji Yamamoto


Yves Saint Laurent



Yours,

A.

No comments: