19 January 2012

Beauty of the Braid

I don't know if I told you all but I did actually finally get the fishtail braid right after a billion few attempts since I posted the step-by-step instructions. (Pause for celebration). Since then the fashion world has been featuring a lot of braid detailing in magazine spreads or perhaps I'm only noticing more now that I'm a badass who can do a fishtail braid.

These images from Vogue Paris inspired me and I wanted to share them with you. I don't know if I'll ever be able to actually execute them but that in no way denigrates the allure of attaining that type of romantic look, which could even be manipulated to be edgy. Edgy is always good. Then there's the whole bonus of not having to worry about the wind destroying your shit. Beautiful and low maintenance? Yes please.




Images from WhoWhatWear

I'm going to try one of these the next time I'm stepping out and I'll try to remember to take a pic but if you try any let me know how it turned out!

Yours,

A.

No comments: