17 January 2012

Things I Love: Shoes That Sparkle

I know - how typical - a girl who loves all things that shimmer. I don't usually go for the girly trends and I've been seeing a lot of glittery footwear making prominent appearances but here are the ones I really like. 



There's something about the classic shape and style of a loafer that makes almost anything instantly more chic and polished. I like that these sparkle in just the right way to give an outfit a little something extra.

Do I really need to say anything about these beauties? Aside from the fact that lace ups very much like this one are trending now, I love how they balance that masculine touch with the very girly glitter. 


I'm the biggest possible fan of the ballet flat. Though I'm only 5'2" I almost feel like defending myself with a crucifix whenever I see a high heel shoe. LOVE looking at them, wearing them - not so much. I like that this can be worn as a wardrobe staple with almost anything because of its nude undertone. Very daytime friendly sparkle.


This is a little off trend because it's not glitter - it's sequinned - but I find it a suitable night time alternative to the very muted glitter of the ballet flats preceding it. In case you want to make a quick switch to up the ante from day to evening.


Totally contradicting myself by posting a heel on here, but like I said - LOVE looking at them. Usually when I see sparkly heels they're so over the top shimmery that I feel like only go-go dancers should wear them. This is more muted and I appreciate them for that. Great for night time wobbling through the city.

Speaking of over-the-top glitter, here's a shoe that definitely won't appeal to the faint of heart. This disco explosion appeals to me because as a slipper its easy but definitely not low on impact - which is the best combination. Would love to wear this with a suit.

Yours,

A.

P.S.: The next post will be on the colourblocking trend. Found some amazing shoes for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am now not positive the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while studying more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was in search of this info for my mission.
TITLE Classic Double End Punching Bags