22 June 2012

Current Obsession: Crochet


I'm currently experiencing pangs of regret for not learning how to knit when I had the chance. Oh the days of my youth. Fortunately for me, and the rest of us crochet junkies, there are those who paid attention to knitting 101 and became the experts who can bring us stunning looks on the runway a la Isabel Marant's Spring 2012 Collection (this is my favourite look from the collection shown above). 

I especially love this trend because as much as it can be a mainstay in winter, it can also be warm-weather friendly for fashionistas like myself who live closer to the equator.

The Crochet Trend as featured by WhoWhatWear this month
The new crochet has evolved past our grandmother and great-grandmother's skillset (unless you're exceptionally lucky) and come in a wide range of colours and looks for all shapes and sizes and even all dress codes (see Zoe Saldana's elegant look above). I've been doing some digging and compiled a few affordable looks (under US$60) for you to get in on the trend this season with dresses, tops, shoes and swimwear!

Dresses








Tops





Bottoms





Shoes







Swimwear



Cheers!

Yours,

A.

No comments: