13 February 2012

Get the Best Looks of the 2012 Grammy Awards

Ok, ok so let's talk Grammy's. If you weren't glued to the screen to see who was wearing what and who was stunning or a haute mess - don't worry I put in all the grueling work for you. I also went digging for the different looks for just a fraction of the cost. Let's get into it shall we?

Corinne Bailey Rae

The first person who really made me sit up and pay attention was Corinne Bailey Rae because I just have unrelenting adoration for her, she would've been stunning in a mesh rag but made my heart flutter when I saw her in this Christian Siriano dress from his Fall/Winter 2011 Collection with her curls and her red lips. 

(Sidenote: Red lips have been everywhere this season from the runway to the red carpet. I can dig it.)


     

I found a similar, albeit less voluminous, Midi Dress from Asos that you can get for US$117.


Taylor Swift

I generally think she gives me way too much of a teacup princess vibe but since she stopped wearing her hair in the same snoozefest style she's been looking better. The detail on this Zuhair Murad Fall 2011/2012 dress is immaculate and she looked gorgeous!

   

Here's the closest thing I found to this look which, regrettably, is not long and has sleeves but is a beautiful alternative. Asos Lace Skater Dress for US$81.


Fergie

When I first spotted Fergie coming down the red carpet I didn't like what I saw. Aside from the colour, I don't think it did a lot for her and I was detracted with the black undergarments (as it was shown on the runway) visible through her Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2012 Couture dress. I do love the detailing on the dress though (sucker for detail as I've said before) so I still decided to hunt for a similar look.

     

Here's a bright coral dress I found at Topshop with a more demure version of the lasercut effect. Topshop Crochet Shirtdress for US$100. And Modcloth also had this Cherry Tomato Salad Dress for US$73.


Rihanna

If you follow me on twitter you know just how much I detested Rihanna's hair. It looked dry and over-processed and someone just needs to get that off her head. That being said, hear face is a dream and the one of a kind Armani dress (Rihanna collaborated with the designer on the creation of the dress) she wore suited her well. Her body looked toned and amazing and I definitely got her Michelle Pfieffer in 'Scarface' inspiration.

 

Here's a Fluxus Eden Dress for US$119 from Revolve Clothing that is a more modest but equally sexy version of Rihanna's look.


Katy Perry

People were on the fence about the Katy Perry hair-sort-of-matching-dress combination but I quite frankly thought it was very Katy Perry. Keep in mind we are discussing the woman who wore blue smurf-coloured hair, wings and a dress that made her look like a DWTS contestant (circa the 2009 VMAs). Gotta love it. She wore an elegant (yes Katy Perry went elegant) Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2012 ice blue number.

   

Found this mint, short alternative Lace Lined Shift Dress at Forever21 for a mere US$25 and I think it captures the look pretty well.


Alicia Keys

Her body is looking the best I've seen it look in a while, yes, pre-childbirth included. Keys and Swizz (in a plum coloured Tom Ford velvet jacket) made for a handsome pair on the red carpet this time around. She was absolutely flawless and her gold collar polished the look off perfectly. Good going stylist!

        

This Asos Mini Dress gives the same body hugging fit, and has a bonus open back, and also goes up the neck like Alicia's dress and you can pair it with this Dannijo Naomi collar. Asos Mini Dress for US$54 and Dannijo Naomi collar for US$172.

        

Hope you enjoyed!

Yours,

A.

No comments: