3 February 2012

Lupe Fiasco, Yasiin Bey And The House Of Vans

One of my favourite hip hop artistes Lupe Fiasco, who I don't so much classify as a "rapper" but more so a great poet, has been a supporter of Vans for some time now and in the video below he talks with Highsnobiety about how how naturally the collaboration for the Spring 2012 OTW line came about. He also talks about his book club, favourite authors, daily musical inspiration, and what rives him to continue making great music.

"I don't like to just sit down and listen to somebody tell me how much dope they sold or how many times they shot somebody... I like to feed myself nutritious kind of things and for me through the ears the most nutritious things that you can listen to are either songs with no words like jazz, or words that actually have power and meaning behind them which would be reggae and punk."



I really enjoy seeing Lupe do interviews, he always expresses himself well and doesn't come across as full of shit or insipid as some other artistes I've heard. He's just extraordinary overall.

Check out pics of Lupe and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) at the Vans OTW launch in Berlin last month. (Two of my favs together! *moment of silence to appreciate this*)

Yours,

A.

No comments: